Here we go again!

It’s been an emotional couple of weeks!

After having a miscarriage in May (my 2nd miscarriage) I have been having irregular cycles. I have no clue what’s going on with my body! On July 29th I decided to take a pregnancy test, and it was positive, a faint positive, but “a line is a line.” I had no clue how far along I was!

Because of my previous 2 miscarriages, I decided to wait to announce this pregnancy. I knew I couldn’t wait that long, but I wanted to wait it out to see how things would go. Friday rolled around and I started spotting. Well, I’ve been here before…twice. Of course I knew this was over, and I hoped things would just end quickly, it’s very emotional to miscarry, but even worse when it’s dragged out over a couple months. (This already happened to me between November 2006 and January 2007).

I started taking pregnancy tests daily, then every other day. The spotting stopped, the tests got darker. I called my Dr. and made an appointment, and also went in for blood work. Waiting for the blood work results was possibly the longest 24 hours of my life!

My heart has been beating so fast since Wednesday of this week. I’m sure I annoyed everyone at my Doctor’s office with my constant phone calls (daily).

Thursday I talked to the a nurse, who told me the lab had messed up, and we wouldn’t hae the blood results from draw #2 until tomorrow (Friday) morning. She had the first numbers, which she gave me, but those are useless without the 2nd numbers!

When my doctor scheduled me for an ultrasound, she told me if the hcg levels drop in my 2nd blood draw, I won’t need the ultrasound. Well 11 am rolled around today, and I still hadn’t heard the results. I called and the receptionist told me she couldn’t give me the results, but my Dr. will discuss them with me at my appointment. I’ve never had that happen before, so I assumed the worst! I figured it was my 3rd miscarriage, 2nd in a row, she probably wanted to discuss the possibilities of what’s wrong with me, and testing we could proceed with.

I had to wait until 3 today,finally got in, had an ultrasound, and there was a sac! There’s a baby growing there! My numbers went up, just as they were supposed to! I don’t have an exact due date yet, because it’s still early, but somewhere around April 4-11. Of course, I have yet to make it past 38 weeks, and I might end up with a scheduled c-section in late March. I go back the 26th of this month for another ultrasound and we’ll know more then.

Looks like I’ll have babies 16 months apart!

I also felt comfortable letting the family know tonight. I got a white onesie for Bethany, and with a red Sharpie marker I wrote “Big Sister April ’09” on it, took a few pictures, and sent it off. (I wanted to do something more unique then just an “‘I’m pregnant” phone call!”)


1 Comment »

  1. Elizabeth said

    Congrats again! This is lizpeach from IV.

RSS feed for comments on this post · TrackBack URI

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: